We are hiring an experienced Senior Accountant to join our Business Advisory team in a full-time capacity.
Would you enjoy being part of an extraordinary Business Advisory team who go beyond the scope of traditional accounting by focusing on making a positive impact in the lives of our clients, our teams and our community. At Saward Dawson we genuinely care!
About Saward Dawson
We employ people who align to our firm’s ethos of care and aspire to make a real difference using their professional expertise. We are proud of our supportive team culture and the impact we have on the private businesses and the not-for-profit clients we support.
Our team of 85 + employees, deliver services in the areas of audit & assurance, business advisory, wealth advisory, personal taxation and superannuation, as well as business, taxation and not-for-profit advisory and consulting.
The successful applicant will fulfil the following criteria:
- Have 3 to 5 years’ experience in tax and business advisory.
- Fully qualified CA ANZ or CPA.
- Competent with relevant software including Excel, Xero, QBO, MYOB etc.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Committed to adding value beyond traditional compliance, taking a broad view of how we can support and empower our clients.
Demonstrated capacity to:
- Work autonomously on client engagements with appropriate level support for more complex engagements.
- Prepare and review individual, business, trust and partnership tax returns and financial statements, ensuring accuracy and compliance with all tax regulations.
- Provide tax planning services to clients by preparing interim financials, to help clients facilitate effective year-end tax planning.
- Stay up to date on tax law changes and advise clients on tax implications and strategies.
- Work closely with clients to answer tax-related questions.
- Preparation of activity statements and related workings.
- Preparation of Division 7A loan agreements and related calculations.
- Service the client’s holistic business needs, identifying opportunities for adding holistic value.
- Committed to continuous improvement, self-development and the coaching of others in the team.
Our collaborative culture provides the opportunity for the successful applicant to work closely with experienced managers, directors and partners within the division and broader firm.
Saward Dawson are intentional about investing in the professional and personal development of our employees. You will receive regular coaching and mentoring to support your growth and career progression.
Requirements for application
- Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
- Remuneration will be negotiated commensurate with your skills and experience.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted to attend an interview.
The following are required for your application.
- A letter of introduction with an accompanying resume, outlining how you meet the role criteria.
- Copies of your academic transcripts (Uni and CA ANZ/CPA)