Although there are a few notable individuals who have worked on into their 80s most of us will be looking forward to the time when we don’t need to work and can choose how we spend our time.
There are various ways in which people can provide for their retirement but the most common, the most accessible, and usually the most tax-effective, is superannuation.
Saward Dawson has specialist superannuation professionals who can assist you in optimising your superannuation outcomes. This includes strategies such as:
- Salary sacrificing additional contributions
- Topping up with non-concessional contributions
- Commencing a transition to retirement pension
- Ways for those over 60 to optimise their superannuation opportunities
- How business premises may be transferred to a self-managed superannuation fund
- Reducing the tax consequences of death
- How the small business CGT concessions can boost your superannuation.
Self-Managed Super Funds (SMSF)
A SMSF is not for everyone. However, for many people who want to be actively involved in the investment of their superannuation funds or who want to hold a diverse range of investments including direct property, a SMSF is ideal. Our SMSF services include:
- Establishment of SMSFs
- Accounting and administration. We utilise the latest cloud based technologies so that you have access to real-time, up-to-date information
- Annual compliance services
- Commencing a pension
- Strategic planning covering the taxation, estate planning, investment and compliance aspects of SMSFs.
Saward Dawson Wealth Advisers Pty Ltd (as trustee of the Saward Dawson Wealth Advisers Trust – ABN 74 620 432 790), Saward Dawson is an Authorised Representative of Count Financial Ltd ABN 19 001 974 625 AFSL No. 227232 which is 85% owned by CountPlus Limited ABN 111 26 990 832 (CountPlus) of Level 8, 1 Chifley Square, Sydney 2000 NSW and 15% owned by Count Member Firm Pty Ltd ACN 633 983 490 of Level 8, 1 Chifley Square, Sydney 2000 NSW. CountPlus is listed on the Australian Stock Exchange. Count Member Firm Pty Ltd is owned by Count Member Firm DT Pty Ltd ACN 633 956 073 which holds the assets under a discretionary trust for certain beneficiaries including potentially some corporate authorised representatives of Count Financial Ltd. The information on this web page is not advice and is intended to provide general information only. It does not take into account your individual needs, objectives or personal circumstances.