As a result of sustained growth, our Audit team is seeking applications from Auditors (at both intermediate and senior level/s) to join their team in a full time or part-time capacity.
About Saward Dawson
Would you like to be part of an extraordinary Audit team, who go beyond the scope of traditional auditing by focusing on making a real difference and genuinely caring about each other and what we do?
Saward Dawson’s core purpose is to make a positive impact in the lives of our clients, our teams and our community. We do this by employing people who align to our Firm’s ethos of care and aspire to make a real difference using their professional expertise. We are proud of our positive team culture, the impact we have on our private business and the not-for-profit clients we support.
Our team of 80 plus staff deliver services in the areas of audit & assurance, business advisory, wealth advisory, personal taxation and superannuation, as well as business, taxation and not-for-profit advisory and consulting.
- Undertake the various stages of the external audit including planning, fieldwork and completion.
- Prepare financial statements in accordance with Australian Accounting Standards.
- Examine and review financial statements for accuracy and completeness and compliance with laws and regulations.
- Undertake various other assurance and consulting engagements to make best practice recommendations to clients.
Skills and Capabilities
- High level of attention to detail and focus on the completeness and accuracy of work undertaken.
- Analytical and enjoy working with and understanding numbers.
- Committed to learning, continuous improvement and self-development.
- Team player with the confidence to sometimes work autonomously at clients.
- Great written and verbal communication skills and, at a Senior Audit level, assume the role of key contact in managing client communications.
Qualifications and prior experience
- In the process of studying, completing or qualified as a CA or CPA.
- 2 – 4 plus years of experience as an external auditor. We will consider a range of experience levels.
- Previous experience or a keen interest in working with not-for-profits, particularly those within the religious, education, aged care or disability sectors.
- Experience with relevant software i.e., Caseware.
If you wish to apply for the role, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A letter of introduction explaining how your skills align to the responsibilities of the role and how you share our Firm’s ethos and vision.
- Your resume showing us your experience.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.
The remuneration offered will be commensurate with your skills and experience.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted to attend an interview and thereafter receive feedback on their application.
A copy of your academic transcripts (if applicable) will be requested prior to finalisation of your employment with Saward Dawson.