Saward Dawson provides audit, tax and accounting services to many clients in the Aged Care sector.
Our clients provide in-home care, retirement living as well as residential aged care. We understand the challenges of the Aged Care sector, with staffing and financial pressures adding to the complexities of operating successfully. The Royal Commission recently mandated quality standards which have further stretched management teams that were already very thin due to the responsibilities that come with caring for some of Australia’s most vulnerable people.
We can assist you to improve the performance of your Aged Care organisation with services including:
- Governance & Board Secretarial support, reviews and templates.
- Planning for the next 5, 10, or more years with P&L, Balance Sheet and Cashflow models.
- Actual vs Budget analysis and explanation
- Forecasts of current year financial results. We can also help you implement rolling forecasts for 12 -18 months into the future.
- Major construction projects are undertaken infrequently and many organisations lack staff with hands-on experience. We can assist with financial modelling of investment and payback, preparing the business case, attending/chairing Steering Committees and reporting spend against budget.
- Reporting can be improved from the standard reports that are often produced. Boards and Executives need different levels of detail and next generation reporting is now available, with dashboards, traffic lights, etc. to focus attention on areas of highest priority.
- Organisations are now data rich but often information poor. We have staff skilled at extracting data from multiple systems and bringing it together to enable much better analysis. Insights are needed to understand where problems and opportunities lie in operations